CartFlows can also be used to replace the global checkout if you want to still use WooCommerce in the traditional way, but improve conversions at the checkout.
The traditional WooCommerce check out is:
Buyer views a product > Clicks on add to cart > Buyer then clicks to view the cart > Buyer makes and adjustments > Buyer clicks checkout > Buyer completes the purchase on the checkout page
With our global cart option the flow is changed to our checkout:
Buyer views a product > Clicks on add to cart > Buyer then clicks to view the cart > Buyer makes and adjustments > Buyer clicks checkout > Buyer is taken to the CartFlows checkout page > Buyer go through any upsells / downsells you have setup.
To create a global checkout:
- Create a new flow
- Configure the first step to be the checkout page (Make sure to give the checkout page a name you will recognize later)
- In the checkout step, make sure to not select a product, just leave that blank
- Setup any order bumps, upsells, downsells, and the thank you page
- Go to the CartFlows settings
- Click on the global checkout dropdown option and you will see an option to select the checkout you created in step 2 above
Here is the official video explanation from our getting started tutorial.