Want to know the best WooCommerce checkout plugins? In this article, we’ll explore 13 plugins to customize the WooCommerce checkout experience for your customers.
- 1. CartFlows – A Complete Sales Funnel Builder for WordPress
- 2. CartFlows Cart Abandonment Recovery
- 3. WooCommerce One Page Checkout
- 4. Checkout Field Editor and Manager for WooCommerce
- 5. PeachPay for WooCommerce
- 6. WooCommerce Multistep Checkout Wizard
- 7. Discount Rules for WooCommerce
- 8. WooCommerce Social Login
- 9. Cart Notices for WooCommerce
- 10. WooCommerce Currency Switcher
- 11. Digital Goods for WooCommerce Checkout
- 12. Direct Checkout
- 13. Acowebs Checkout Field Editor and Manager
Everyone who runs a WordPress store either uses WooCommerce or has heard of it. And rightly so!
WooCommerce is the leading eCommerce platform for WordPress that turns your website into a fully-functional online store.
But there are a few caveats with how WooCommerce is designed that prevent it from squeezing the maximum revenue from your store.
And it all boils down to this one factor – WooCommerce is largely focused on physical goods.
If you want to sell eBooks, online courses, or software, WooCommerce has too much unnecessary functionality that’s hard to get rid of.
This makes the checkout process longer than necessary for online products, which can result in abandoned carts.
Over 18% of people abandon carts if the checkout process is too long.
So how can you customize your WooCommerce checkout experience to fit the type of products you sell?
That’s where these powerful plugins come into the picture.
The 13 Best WooCommerce Checkout Plugins
Let’s explore the different types of plugins you can use to enhance your WooCommerce checkout store to maximize conversion!
These plugins help you build highly customized WooCommerce checkout pages for different purposes. So make sure you read through the descriptions to find the ones that fit your needs the best.
Let’s get started!
1. CartFlows – A Complete Sales Funnel Builder for WordPress
If you want to build custom checkout pages for WordPress, look no further. CartFlows is a powerful sales funnel builder for WordPress and WooComerce that has some awesome checkout page customization features.
CartFlows helps design each step of the checkout funnel to customize the customer journey.
You can then display highly relevant order bumps and upsell offers to customers based on their previous purchases, items in the cart, payment method, or their demographics using CartFlows Dynamic Offers.
CartFlows also works with major WordPress page builders.
So you don’t need to learn a new product to get started! With powerful conversion-optimized templates, you can simply import, edit the content, and go live with your perfect checkout pages right away.
Powerful features of CartFlows:
- No coding skills are required. CartFlows can be used by absolutely anyone
- Show one-click upsells and order bumps
- Use Dynamic Offers to display relevant offers
- A/B testing every element of your sales funnel pages
- Funnel performance and analytics on WordPress dashboard
- Ready to import built-in templates for every use case
- Integrates with multiple payment processors
- Works with CartFlows free WooCommerce checkout addon for cart abandonment recovery so you can earn more revenue
- Works flawlessly with third-party plugins to make your eCommerce workflows efficient and streamlined
2. CartFlows Cart Abandonment Recovery
CartFlows Cart Abandonment for WooCommerce is a free addon that helps recover your lost revenue on auto-pilot.
It automatically sends out follow-up emails to try and bring your customers back to the cart page. With built-in email templates, you can simply import a set of emails and begin scheduling automated follow-ups.
The addon also tracks and displays the number of carts and revenue recovered along with multiple other analytics right on your dashboard!
CartFlows works, irrespective of what you plan to sell – online courses, eBooks, physical goods, consultation services, or virtual items.
- Automated follow-up emails
- Built-in email templates so you don’t have to start from scratch
- Auto-generated unique cart page links to bring customers right where they left off
- Attractive discount codes specially designed to bring back customers
- Real-time cart abandonment tracking so you are always in the loop
3. WooCommerce One Page Checkout
Want something that only focuses on one-page checkouts? Here’s WooCommerce’s own solution.
WooCommerce One Page Checkout makes it possible to turn any page into a checkout page. It makes it easier for customers to buy from these custom checkout pages by displaying both product selection and checkout forms on a single page.
While it doesn’t offer the customization options that many WooCommerce checkout page plugins on this list offer, this plugin deserves to be here. So if you only need to build a one-page checkout, you can go with WooCommerce’s one-page checkout.
- Product selection and checkout on a single page
- Completely code-free. Everything you need can be customized by simply enabling or disabling options
- Plugin shortcodes can be used within custom landing pages
- Built-in templates
Price: $79.00 annually
4. Checkout Field Editor and Manager for WooCommerce
If all you need is a way to easily edit the checkout fields on WooCommerce, this is a great WooCommerce custom checkout fields plugin to use!
Checkout Field Editor provides an interface to add, remove, and edit fields displayed on your WooCommerce checkout page.
It allows you to create 7 types of custom checkout fields for your WooCommerce checkout page. You can also hide, or delete the default fields, change labels, rearrange checkout fields, validate the checkout fields and add custom CSS classes.
- Custom checkout fields
- Modify existing fields
- Auto-validate the checkout form
- Conditionally display additional fields on the form
- Price field with custom price types (fixed, percentage, custom or pay what you want pricing)
- Integrations with third-party plugins
Pricing: $49 annually for a single site
5. PeachPay for WooCommerce
PeacePays makes one-click checkout simple. With the default checkout pages adding so much friction, PeachPay aims to reduce the steps between choosing the product and payment.
The plugin integrates with many third-party plugins in the eCommerce space to make life easier.
One of the most powerful features of PeachPay is that it remembers its customers. If a customer visits a store and chooses to complete the payment using PeachPay, the data will be stored.
When the same customer visits your store. the data from their previous purchases across any store is auto-detected and used to offer a one-click checkout experience
- One-click checkout across all websites using PeachPay
- Buy directly from the product page and cart pages without going through additional steps
- Speed up checkout and reduce cart abandonment
Pricing: Flat fee per transaction. No subscription cost
6. WooCommerce Multistep Checkout Wizard
This plugin helps you convert a long checkout page into a multi-step checkout. Splitting checkout helps avoid overwhelming customers with a long page by breaking it down into logical steps.
WooCommerce Multistep Checkout Wizard offers built-in checkout designs to get you started right away. You end up with a completely responsive checkout that makes the pages flow better and gives your customers a visual outline of what they need to do next.
- Fully-responsive layout
- Different checkout styles to choose from
- Form validation is built-in
- Extendable with plugin hooks and shortcodes
Pricing: $24.25 annually
7. Discount Rules for WooCommerce
Want to create discount rules and dynamic pricing on your WooCommerce store?
You know, the kinds where you buy two and get a discount. Or where you get a discount on a minimum purchase value.
Discount Rules for WooCommerce is a popular discount and dynamic pricing plugin that lets you offer discounts on your store, thereby increasing sales and conversions. The plugin has an easy-to-use interface allowing you to kickstart your campaign and provide discounts to your customers in a matter of minutes.
Offer storewide discounts, bulk discounts, tiered-pricing discounts, user-role-based discounts, product-based discounts, cart discounts, and more using the Discount Rules for WooCommerce plugin.
Discount Rules for WooCommerce is a feature-packed plugin, and we’ve barely scratched the surface. The best bit is that you can create rules and offer discounts without writing a single line of code.
- Display strikeout price in product pages
- Display discount table, discount bar, and sales badge
- Offer percentage, fixed and fixed price per item discount
- Display and hide discount price
- Easy to use interface
- Priority support
- Flexible discount conditions
WordPress Active Installations: 90000+
WordPress Users Ratings: 5 out of 5 stars
8. WooCommerce Social Login
According to Statista, 24% of users abandon carts if they’re forced to create an account. Instead of risking an abandoned cart, WooCommerce Social Login helps avoid that by using social media.
You can allow your customers to log in to your website using their existing social media accounts, without the hassle of entering all their details or creating an account.
It also makes it easy to grab the required information to complete their checkout without adding more steps.
- Connect your store with social accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, PayPal, Disqus, Yahoo, and VK
- Improve security and increase trust by using social sign-on
- Reduce friction for repeat purchases – since customers typically stay signed in to social networks, they can sign back into your site with one click
- WooCommerce Social Login creates an adjacent WordPress user for a social account so even if the social account is removed, your customer’s details are retained
Pricing: $79 annually
9. Cart Notices for WooCommerce
Cart Notices for WooCommerce is the perfect plugin to display specific notices on the cart page. It allows you to display notices based on products and product categories in the cart, cart cost, current day and time, and customer referrer, among others.
This plugin is a way for you to make your customers aware of any delays in shipping, offers on products, and other product or event specials before they complete checkout.
Cart Notices lets you create shortcodes for certain notice blocks and add them to any page of your website if required.
- Attribute conditions for notices
- Product categories conditions for notices
- Sale price, stock quantity, and product age conditions for notices
- Product quantity notice limitation can be used for each product instead of products summary
- Shortcode to display notices
- Widget to display notices
Pricing: $49 annually
10. WooCommerce Currency Switcher
Getting visitors from across the world? You need to display the product prices in their currency. This is a free plugin that makes currency switching easy.
It allows your customers to choose the currency they want to view the prices in. It also allows customers to switch prices in real-time based on the exchange rate. Customers can then choose to pay in their local currency or any supported currency of their choice.
- Widgetized plugin lets you show the currency conversions in any section on your website using shortcodes
- Add a dropdown, country flags, or a sidebar currency switcher for customers
- Customers can choose to pay in the currency of their choice
- Exchange rates can be automatically updated at specific intervals
11. Digital Goods for WooCommerce Checkout
If you do not like Easy Digital Downloads, Digital Goods is a great alternative.
This plugin works on top of WooCommerce to help you customize the checkout fields and reduce the number of fields customers have to enter.
Digital Goods helps you set a quick checkout for all downloadable or virtual products. It adds a quick checkout button to the digital products so customers can simply process the payment and access or download the product.
It works great if you’re selling eBooks, online courses, videos, and other virtual products.
- Quick checkout button to make digital downloads easy
- Allows customers to fill in additional details after payment is completed
- Remove unnecessary WooCommerce checkout fields
- Reduce cart abandonment by speeding up the checkout
- Make WooCommerce easy for digital product stores
Pricing: $29 annually
12. Direct Checkout
As the name suggests, Direct Checkout allows you to remove certain steps from the default WooCommerce checkout process.
It lets customers skip the shopping cart page and directly proceed to checkout. The idea behind this plugin is to reduce the friction between your customers first choosing the product and making the purchase.
Direct Checkout aims to turn your store’s default checkout process into a one-click checkout to reduce cart abandonment and improve conversions.
- AJAX add to cart lets customers add products to the cart without the page getting refreshed or being redirected to a different page
- Remove checkout fields that are unnecessary
- One-page checkout to make it simple for customers to see the form and the total cart value on the same page with minimal scrolling around
- Very minimal on resources and data resulting in better speeds and higher conversions
Pricing: Starts at $19 one time payment
13. Acowebs Checkout Field Editor and Manager
This plugin helps manage checkout page fields in your default WooCommerce checkout. It offers easy drag-and-drop functionality to customize the fields that you show to customers during the checkout process.
While it works similar to many other checkout field editor plugins, the benefit of using Acowebs is its drag and drop functionality. For users who do not want to mess around with text and toggle-based settings, this plugin is a breath of fresh air.
So if you only need to customize your checkout page fields, this can be a great addition to your toolkit.
- The checkout field manager helps edit the default WooCommerce checkout fields
- You can add new fields to the checkout page
- Drag and drop existing fields to reorder them on your screen
- Hide fields that are unnecessary for your products
- Display checkout fields filled by customers on the order details page
Pricing: $39 yearly or $59 for a lifetime license
Which WooCommerce Checkout Plugin Would You Choose?
While the default WooCommerce checkout page does the job, there’s a lot more we can do.
These 13 plugins are starting points that show you exactly what is available on the markets and how you can make iterative improvements to your checkout flows.
While the choice of plugins you use will depend on your requirements, here are 3 plugins that you must absolutely consider:
- CartFlows is one of the best WooCommerce funnel builders out there (by customer reviews) to design the perfect end-to-end checkout experience for your customers! It offers a ton of features for customizing checkout pages and building sales and landing generation funnels.
- WooCommerce One Page Checkout is the perfect extension for your WooCommerce store if you only need a way to make the default checkout page shorter.
- Easy Digital Downloads is the perfect plugin where you can eliminate the complexity of WooCommerce when all you want to do is sell your digital products.
Let us know which ones you like best. And if we missed any WooCommerce checkout plugin that you think should be on the list, let us know. Until then, keep building awesome checkouts!